Sunday, April 28, 2013

Berlin, Part 2

Our final day in Berlin, we decided to celebrate with a woodlands picnic.  We took a train down to Grundewalde, brought some cheese, bread, and fruit, and walked into the most beautiful and serene forest I've ever visited.  It was beautiful.







      We walked around in the park until we found a nice grassy spot to have our picnic.  We hadn't been sitting for more than a few minutes when we noticed that we had accidentally stumbled upon a nudist colony.  Or so it seemed.  Lounging a few hundred meters behind us was a sunbathing man just letting it all hang out.  Partially hidden behind a log lay a very old, very nude woman. Apparently, there are no public indecency logs in Germany, and this oversight has definitely been taken advantage of in Grundewalde park. I would have been uncomfortable even if these nude people had been attractive, but every one was over 50 and nobody who I would ever want to see sans clothing.
   We decided to turn around and enjoy our picnic with the view of the lake in front of us, instead of inappropriately attired old people.
Picnic time!

Yum yum yum :)

Another attempt at hipster. Megan's smile ruins it all.
     On our way back home, we stopped by the most amazing chocolate shop in the world.  Giant statues made completely of chocolate lined the room.  Everything was extremely expensive, but I managed to find 80-cent stick of chocolate and reveled in its deliciousness.
Brandenburg Gate...in CHOCOLATE.

Chocolate airplane!

A chocolate Butterscotch! (My teddy bear)
    We then took the tram over to the last in-place section of the Berlin Wall.  It had been turned into a kind of modern art gallery, and artists from all over the world had painted on sections of it.  Some of the parts were hauntingly beautiful, and others were just weird.
A bit strange.

Creepy.

More creepy.

Interesting.

What?
For our final night in Berlin, we went out to a local pub, and I finally found a palatable beer.  Granted, it was so sweet that our waiter actually grimaced when he served it, but I liked it.  I doubt I will find passionfruit beer again, but now I can say that I have tasted a beer I enjoyed.
    Sunday morning we rushed our way to the bus station to take a seven-hour bus to Munich....

No comments:

Post a Comment