Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Approaching Departure

     My bedroom is an absolute disaster.  Clothes are strewn all over the floor, culminating in a mountainous heap in the corner behind the dresser (a cleverly chosen hiding spot--a cursory inspection does not reveal the  monstrous pile slowly gobbling up all the floor space).  A hair dryer, a diffuser ignominiously duct-taped on, lies forgotten under the bed.  Hair clips, earbuds, socks, books: the contents of my life have vomited all over the floor.  This can only mean one thing......Lauren is leaving.  Soon.
     I'm traveling to Dublin tomorrow to spend the semester studying at Trinity College Dublin.  Normally a work-worn Cornell engineering student, I decided to take the spring semester of my junior year and go somewhere more interesting than the cornfields of upstate New York.  This blog will chronicle the many adventures I hope to have in Europe.
     Now, with less than twelve hours until departure, I must go and stuff five pairs of pants into my carry-on. Slán a fhágáil!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog lauren! can't wait to read all about your experiences there!! (and see you soon!)

    ReplyDelete